Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Bloodrayne:Betrayal

      This game is frustrating as all hell, but you do feel pretty good every time you progress. Bloodrayne has always been a bad series to me On didn't like the first one the second one was worse somehow, so when this one was first brought to my attention I simply didn't care.That is until I saw Wayforward was making it, and that it was a 2D side scroller, that looked very cool.
         I started playing this game in October as part of my Spooktober event but, didn't end up beating it till the end of November because of two reasons first my ps3 is used by my roommates as a Netflix box soon don't play it very often, second this game has a steep difficulty curve. It starts out easy enough it plays like a side scrolling brawler which I always enjoy, the way you get health is to weaken your foes then suck their blood (Which struck me as weird because your enemies are vampires) wash and repeat and you have your first levels.                Then the game throws all kinds of different things at you tough platforming sections, enemies that you can't feed off of, the bosses are insanely hard until you learn the patterns and even then Damn! The worst levels are these flappy bird esque levels that make you fly around as a raven though obstacle courses that test your patience to no end. The thing that saves you from just raging is that for the most part check points are plentiful and you spawn almost immediately, which I'm always a big fan of.
            The story is bland and I'll admit I barely paid attention to it at all.At one point this dude betrays you, and at the end you fight your dad, because of course that happens. Wayforward isn't really know for its storytelling abilities and relies mostly on its game play, and I have to admit for all its faults I felt like it was mostly my fault when I died. Whenever that happened it was because I didn't get something down right or I missed a ledge by just an inch, Overall this game is something you should play if you want a challenging game that looks pretty nice. OH but the concept art is grotesque like truely horrible looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment